Read More »
Okay so a week turned into a few weeks... I haven't posted in a while. Sure, my absence on the blog could certainly be due to my efforts being primarily focused on maintaining The Shop but actually, I'll just be honest about it,
I've been feeling pretty frumpy lately.
And the last thing I want to do is take photos of myself.
It's a shame too because I have a bunch of things to share with you guys for Spring but... Sometimes you look in the mirror and just want to put a big ol' plant in front of it.
And that's ok. It happens.
But what if this "blah" feeling won't seem to go away? That's when it might be time to shake things up. I've been trying my best to hide my frump-feels but to tell you the truth, mama needs to find her groove again. Because it's been a whiiiile since she's felt groovy.
And I guess Spring tends to bring that out. New growth, new life, a fresh new start! Yes please. I've been putting all my heart and sweat into making clothes women can feel fabulous in and somewhere along the way, I seem to have lost my own fabulosity.
I made a personal list of things that may help perk me up and bring me out of my frump. If you're feeling like you're in the same boat, this list might help too. It also might help to read the list out loud with jazz hands:
1. Find a new sexy workout routine like SoulCycle, kick boxing or cross training. And wear a fresh hot workout outfit to class
2. Spend a little extra time getting ready in the morning. Wear those earrings you only wear in the evening or a special glitzy shoe or lip color you don't typically wear during the day.
3. Wear perfume to bed. Feel femme as you fall asleep and wake up smelling girly
4. Change your hair. Go blond, get some crochet braids, get an edgy cut for Summer!
5. Try a new makeup trend. Go to a pro and get their advice on what trend you should fly with.
I dunno - that's what I got so far. Wish me luck!
So, among turning out some pretty fun, fresh new pieces for The Shop next month for you, I'm going to be enjoying exploring some fresh new looks and feels for me!
See ya back here on Thursday for all new Spring style and maybe an idea or two for you.